IT Support for one...
Working by yourself, it can be difficult to get the right IT setup. You don’t want to spend lots of money – after all, you’re not a big company. But, if you can’t use your computer, that’s 100% of your company that’s out-of-action.
It’s important to keep things real, and not get trapped with ‘consumer’ solutions when you really need a business solution.
Talk to projectfive about what you need and, more importantly, what you don’t!
IT Solutions for the Consultant
As a consultant, working by yourself, you need access to your information from your home office, and from your client’s site. It’s important to stay protected, and have access to business-grade IT solutions – but not at large-company prices (after all, it’s only you!).
You don’t have to be on your own when it comes to IT – pay small-business prices for large-company solutions.
Small Business Pricing
There is a way to get access to many of the solutions that large organisations have - without having to invest in large IT systems. Projectfive can supply you with an Exchange mailbox (so that you’ve got remote access to your email, it’s synchronised across your desktop PC and your laptop, and it’s fully backed up – unlike most POP email solutions).
High Street Technology?
We see many businesses using solutions that are clearly aimed at the home-user/consumer. And for little, or no extra cost, business solutions are available – if you know where to look.
Your business needs to act like a business, and the latest Media Centre PC from the High Street may not be the right way to go – especially when the kids are using it during the evenings!
What will make the difference for you?
- Your own Domain Name.
- OutlookProfessional – a proper business email solution.
- The right backup solution –burning a CD won’t be enough for you if things go wrong - we’ve seen it so many times before!
- A simple website that gets you noticed, and shows a real return on investment.
- Correctly configured home/office network
- Allowing the kids to do their homework, without impacting your work.
- Shared access to a printer – you don’t want more than one printer at home.
- Email access on the road – without having to re-read your emails when you get back to your PC.
- Effective telephone solutions – access to your Voicemail in real-time, and telephone calls received on the move.
I have known projectfive for a number of years and used them for a variety of support services and consultancy.
Their professional friendly approach allows me to concentrate on my business without worrying about computer or telephony issues.
I would recommend them to businesses. They are an extension to ebonium and are there when I need them. Graeme Winship, Managing Director of ebonium